Saturday, June 18, 2011

Places visited, Lessons Learned

Places I have been in Italy:
Fiesole
Pisa
Vada beach
Siena
Montaeperti
Monteriggioni, Badia a Isola, Colle di Val d'Elsa
Rome

Sites I saw in Florence:
The baptistery- Battistero di San Govanni
The Duomo-- inside as well as climbed to the top of the dome
Bargello- the oldest public building in Florence
Museum of San Marco
Church of San Miniato  al Monte- best view of Florence! Overlooking the city
Casa de Dante- tackiest museum ever!
Uffizi Gallery- full of masterpieces all in chronological order of time periods...basically like walking through my art history book 
Church of Santa Maria Novella- one if my favorite site visits, just beautiful
Church of Santa Croce
National Library-- Biblioteca Nazionale- very secretive and incredibly interesting for a library 
Galleria dell'Accademia- my true love, "The David"
Piazza Michelangelo- best view of the city
Piazza Della Repubblica- best people watching place, saw Oasis walk through here
Palazzo Vecchio- full of statues, the original location of the David
Ponte Vecchio- jewelry bridge
....Many more piazzas and places off the map or just not commonly known


Crazy thing i ate- tripe--cow intestines and stomach. (yes I ate this) 

Things I have learned:
I need to have time to myself
A map can get you anywhere, but if you wander enough you will find the best things
Always climb the hill to see the view
Take risks and don't look back
Stay up until 2 in the morning just to get the "secret pastry" you have been looking for.
So much more.....


Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment