Thursday, June 23, 2011

The Last of Italia-- Rome

Well my trip had to end somewhere. Instead just leaving Florence straight for the States, I chose to end my trip in the ruins of Rome.

I had been to Rome once before, but I was excited to see it with a new perspective five years later. This is a city that I do not feel a love for as I do for Florence, but there is a lot to do and see. I saw all the main sites including the Vatican City (with the Sistine Chapel and St. Paul's), the Froum, The Colosseum, the Spanish steps, etc.... I kept my talent as gelato guru and managed to find the most amazing gelato in town. It was homemade white chocolate nutella  gelato in a cone and dipped in chocolate! Talking about good gelato, this was amazing! We enjoyed our lasts tastes of real Italian food over the three days we were there. I decided the best way to end the trip would be to sit by the Trevi Fountain on our last night in Italy. After a delicious last meal and gelato we wandered over the the fountain and took in the last moments of Italy. I emptied my wallet of coins and turned my back as I tossed them all in the Trevi Fountain. That has to be good luck right?! Either way it was the perfect way to get rid of allllll of the coins I had accumulated in my European travels. 

Italian adventure ended here in Rome. It was a lot easier for me to leave Rome then Florence. We got up bright and early and made our way to the airport. 

On my two flights back home I made new friends and shared stories of our separate adventures together. I found that at my age, friends are easy to come by and it always nice to share your stories with someone else. I realized there are a lot of good, nice people you come by in this world. Over this trip I learned an immense amount, faced all of my worst fears, and tried new things. These were all goals of mine, but I got way more out of all of this adventure then I ever could have expected. What an adventure I had!


Jamie



This is my last trip blog. A little late, but better then never. I wanted to thank you for those of you that read. Be looking out for a tips for Florence that I have compiled

No comments:

Post a Comment